Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World. Huawei's Munich Research Center is responsible for advanced technology research, architectural development, design and strategic engineering of our products.
The PhD candidate will contribute to the research, development, publication and product adoption of system security technologies for future heterogeneous computing architectures targeting AI and compute, working on real world problems for a wide range of Huawei products and services to preserve and prove their trustworthiness through technology, from a unique research position connecting Academia and Industry.
- Assess system security and platform resilience risks of application scenarios such as heterogeneous computing (e.g. AI, compute, accelerators etc.)
- Research on innovative concepts and architectures in the field of Trustworthy Computing
- Implement proof of concepts and support technology adoption in products
- Publish research papers and technical reports at top security conferences and collaborate with academic partners
- Improve, by design, the end to end system security capabilities of future Huawei products
- You have recently completed or will soon complete your master studies in computer science, information technology, cybersecurity, electrical engineering, or mathematics
- You have research experience in system security, applied cryptography, computer architectures, OS design
- Experience with enclave engines, TEEs, secure processing architectures and accelerator designs is a plus
- You have good programming skills in C, Rust, C++, Python, Go and in system programming
- You have demonstrated affinity for concept design and hands-on validation
- You have a passion for finding solutions for complex technology issues
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills
- You are self-starting and self-motivating, willing to take initiatives and feel the responsibility for your project
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic in shaping Huawei’s Munich Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.