Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Driven by a commitment to operations, ongoing innovation, and open collaboration, we have established a competitive ICT portfolio of end-to-end solutions in Telecom and enterprise networks, Devices and Cloud technology and services. Our ICT solutions, products and services are used in more than 170 countries and regions, serving over one-third of the world's population. With 197,000 employees, Huawei is committed to develop the future information society and build a Better Connected World.
Huawei Digital Power is a business unit within Huawei that provides Enterprise & Industry customers, products and solutions like clean power generation, transportation electrification, site power facilities, data center facilities, and embedded power. Huawei Digital Power is committed to integrate Digital and Power Electronics technologies to provide customers with high-quality, energy-efficient, green, and low-carbon power electronics products, facilitating their business success
The Power Conversion Technology Laboratory within Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center is responsible for Advanced Digital Power Technology Research, Architecture Evolution Design and Strategic Technology Planning, and plays an important role in the Huawei Digital Power business in the design and development of power converters and control systems for applications such as PV Solar & Battery Energy Storage Field, Data Centers, Electric Vehicle, and Embedded Power Supply.
You will be part of the HUAWEI Energy R&D Competence Center in Nuremberg.
Now we are looking for a:
Intern OR master thesis student – Battery simulation based on equivalent circuit model (m/f/d)
- Simulate the performance (voltage, temperature) of the battery pack (charge/discharge, cycling, thermal runaway) based on equivalent circuit model, considering intrinsic cell-to-cell variations of SOC, capacity, resistance, temperature, and capacity fading rates. Models would be applied under liquid cooling system.
- Collaboration with international teams, and provide technology transfer support to the Headquarter team of Watt Lab. Technical support for Huawei Digital Power in building battery simulation.
- Currently enrolled as a Master's or Ph.D. student in either energy storage, material science, mechanical engineering, physics, chemistry, electrochemistry, or any related field.
- Familiar with the equivalent circuit model for lithium-ion batteries, have strong programming skills using Matlab/Simulink or Python.
- Fluent in written and spoken English (working language). Good communication skills and multicultural environment adaptability.
By applying to this position, you agree with our RECRUITMENT PRIVACY STATEMENT. You can read in full our recruitment privacy statement via the link below.
What you can expect
- Our culture is characterized by innovative power and team spirit as well as the intensive exchange of knowledge and experience within our global network.
- We offer you a competitive compensation package and a broad range of training opportunities. Many online and face-to-face training programs.
- Self-responsible work in a competent, motivated, and constantly growing team.
If you are enthusiastic about shaping Huawei’s Nuremberg Research Center together with a multicultural team of highly skilled Engineers and Researchers, feel free to contact us. Driving future technologies focused on the customer experience is our main mission. Apply now!
Please send your application and CV (incl. cover letter and reference letters) in English.